Reliable Wrongful Termination Lawyer in Houston Defends Your Position
Harris County wrongful termination lawyer also serving Montgomery, Harris, Fort Bend, Galveston and Brazoria County for more than 28 years
Let’s say you’ve given 10, 20 or 30 years to a company. Next thing you know, you’re being handed your final paycheck and told not to report to work on Monday – and you don’t know why. You may have a wrongful termination claim.
At the Law Offices of David C. Holmes in Houston, wrongful termination attorney David C. Holmes is waiting to help. He can review the evidence you present to determine whether or not you’ve been unfairly or illegally terminated from your position.
Understanding how wrongful termination works
The majority of employees are hired at-will, which means that both employees and employers can end the working relationship without liability. But there are a number of reasons why you cannot be fired, and those reasons are protected by state and federal law:
- Your sex
- Your race
- Your age
- Your disability status
- Your immigration status
- Your religion
- Your genetic information, including family medical history
- Your national origin
- For whistleblowing
- For refusing to take part in illegal activities
- For engaging in concerted activity with other employees
- For exercising your rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- As retaliation for your exercise of your rights
Federal government employees may have additional rights under the federal civil service system that is administered by the Merit Systems Protection Board.
In Houston, workplace discrimination may need to be addressed by qualified legal counsel. Employment attorney David C. Holmes has more than 28 years of experience helping victims of wrongful termination get the justice they seek.
How we can help
If you’ve been terminated for an illegal or unethical reason, Houston employment attorney David C. Holmes may:
- Contact the EEOC. The first step to most discrimination claims is to contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Attorney Holmes makes sure his clients’ complaints are where they need to be on time.
- File a private suit. David C. Holmes walks you through the regulations and practicalities to determine which court is most appropriate for your case. In some cases, your case may be litigated before an administrative agency, such as the National Labor Relations Board or the Merit Systems Protection Board.
- Research company policy. Mr. Holmes reviews company policies, handbooks and histories to see if the company regularly puts employees in this position.
You have rights as a worker in the state of Texas. We protect those rights. But if your termination cannot be proved unlawful, we tell you up front.
Contact a wrongful termination lawyer in Houston who cares about your case
You take pride in your work. We do too. If you feel you’ve been unlawfully terminated, you may want to seek the advice from an honest and direct labor lawyer. To make an appointment for a free consultation with the Law Offices of David C. Holmes, contact our firm by phone at 713-586-8862 or online.