Honest Houston Wage and Overtime Claims Lawyer Gives You Options
Open and direct advice from a reputable Texas wage and overtime lawyer
You’re entitled to be paid for the work that you do. (That’s what makes it work and not a hobby, right?) The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) protects workers by:
- Setting the standard work week of 40 hours and requiring overtime pay for additional hours
- Restricting child labor
- Determining the requirements regarding federal minimum wage
When situations occur where you think you’ve been denied your proper wages or overtime, setting up a meeting with employment attorney David C. Holmes can help.
Filing a wage or overtime claim in Houston
Wage and overtime disputes are fairly common between employers and employees. The majority of Houston’s wage and overtime disputes are caused by:
Attorney David C. Holmes has spent almost 30 years working with employees who wish to file wage and overtime claims. His dedication to examining all parts of your claim ensures that no small part of your case is overlooked.
We provide a higher level of service
We work with our clients personally in order to provide the highest level of service. We’ll use a variety of methods to help you get the results you want:
- Negotiation. Going to court is both expensive and time consuming. We meet with employers who are willing to negotiate in order to avoid the expenditures of a trial.
- Litigation. In cases where large amounts of wages or overtime are concerned, going to trial might be the best option. Our years of experience in litigation help us present your case in the strongest light.
- Honest discussion. If your case is weak, or if the amount of money you can recoup is less than the amount of money you’d have to spend to get it, we’ll tell you upfront.
At the Law Offices of David C. Holmes, you’re treated with respect. We won’t take on a case that cannot be won, and we tell you why at the start. If you have a strong claim, however, we do what is necessary to help you recover any lost wages you’ve sustained.
Let us do the legwork for you
We believe that everyone deserves an honest day’s pay for an honest day’s work. If you believe you’re due additional wages or overtime, contact the Law Offices of David C. Holmes by phone at 713.586.8862 or online. We offer free consultations and free parking for your convenience.