Personable Labor Lawyer Analyzes Your Severance Packages with Care
Approachable employee downsizing lawyer in Houston with more than 28 years of experience
If your employer has terminated your employment, you may be offered a severance package. Because there are no set rules regarding severance packages, it’s important to read the documentation carefully before you agree to anything.
Houston employment attorney David C. Holmes has been helping employers and workers handle the complexities involved with severance negotiations for nearly 30 years. Our years of experience allow us to settle disagreement on both sides of the argument.
How Houston employee downsizing lawyers can help employers
If you’re unhappy with your current severance plans, we can help in the following ways:
- Draft a new package. We create severance packages that limit your liability to your former employees.
- Negotiate with employees. We provide a safe and secure atmosphere to complete negotiations to keep you and your former employee satisfied.
- Defend your agreement. Our competency allows us to litigate on your behalf in court, if necessary.
A clear severance package and employee handbook may help you avoid litigation in the future. Our skilled labor lawyers help you create a package that works for your company.
The benefits of hiring an employee downsizing lawyer in Houston to examine your case
If your employer offers you a severance package upon your termination from a company, you don’t necessarily have to take it. Before you sign anything regarding your severance package, let us help you by:
- Evaluating your claims. We weigh your claims against the amount of time and money it might cost to litigate on your behalf, and then present a well-written argument on your behalf to your employer.
- Suggesting a counteroffer. We examine your plan to see whether or not a counteroffer is likely to be accepted before making a recommendation one way or the other.
- Examining the laws. We thoroughly investigate the laws and regulations to see if you’ve been given the right amount of notice before being laid off.
We review all severance plans to ensure that your package is fair, and advise you of your choices if it’s not.
Contact trusted employee downsizing attorneys in Houston who can help
At the Law Offices of David C. Holmes, we review severance packages for employers and employees alike to make sure that our clients are being treated fairly. Contact our firm by phone at 713.586.8862 or online to schedule a free initial consultation.