Dependable Race and National Origin Discrimination Attorney in Houston Works for You
An experienced employment lawyer serving Houston for more than 28 years
America is a nation of racial and ethnic diversity. A few years ago, Texas became a “majority minority” state in which Caucasians are a minority. The Houston area itself is a melting pot of many different racial and ethnic groups, from African Americans and Latinos to Chinese and Vietnamese to Indians and Pakistanis. Our diversity is our strength.
This diversity is often counter-balanced by racism, prejudice, and intolerance. Thankfully, the great civil rights battles of the past have given us any tools to combat this wrong. Section 1981 was born from the Civil War and Reconstruction. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was born from the civil rights movement of the 1960s. More recently, the Texas legislature added protections that are now part of the Texas Labor Code, and Congress added protections against immigration-related discrimination as part of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
If you feel that you have been a victim of race or national origin discrimination, Houston employment attorney David C. Holmes can help. He carefully and personally reviews your case to see if you have a legitimate claim against your employer for race or national origin discrimination.
Understanding the basics of race and national origin discrimination
The race and national origin discrimination statutes protect everyone, regardless of race. Some of the statutes apply to even the smallest of employers. The race and national origin discrimination statutes prohibit:
- Being denied a job because of your race or national origin
- Being fired because of your race or national origin
- Being paid less because of your race or national origin
- Being denied promotions or job transfers because of your race or national origin
- Being subjected to harassment by your employer or coworkers
- Being denied employment because of your immigration status (if you are not yet a U.S. citizen)
You do not need to suffer this sort of abuse. We’ll look at all the aspects of the facts to determine whether or not you have valid case of race and national origin discrimination.
A race and national origin discrimination lawyer in Houston who can help
For more than 28 years, Houston employment lawyer David C. Holmes has been providing his clients with a frank and honest opinion about their case. Mr. Holmes assists his clients by evaluating:
- The workplace environment. We review the environment in which you work to determine the context of your claim and the extent of the hostility to your race or ethnicity.
- The company’s hiring and firing patterns. In many cases, supervisors and companies mask discrimination behind facially innocuous policies and procedures. We work with your to remove the mask and expose the abuses.
- Settlement options. Lawsuits can be long and expensive. We negotiate out-of-court settlement options for clients and companies who wish to avoid a drawn out trial.
Choose a race and national origin discrimination attorney in Houston who gives you options
If you think you’re a victim of race or national discrimination, it may be time to speak with an employment lawyer who can offer you an honest assessment of your case. To schedule a free initial consultation with an attorney at the Law Offices of David C. Holmes, contact us at 713.586.8862 or online