Reputable Age Discrimination Lawyers in Houston, TX Listen to You
An experienced labor lawyer serving the workers of Houston for more than 28 years
We all undergo the effects of aging at some point or another. But if you feel like you’re being treated badly at work because of your age, then it may be time to talk to a lawyer.
Houston employment discrimination attorney David C. Holmes can help. He carefully and personally reviews your case to see if you have a legitimate claim against your employer for age discrimination.
Understanding the basics of age discrimination
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) is a federal mandate designed to protect older workers. It is only applicable if you’re at least 40 years old and work for a company with a minimum of 20 employees. However, Texas law now provides similar protections for companies with as few as 15 employees. A few of the more common types of age discrimination include:
- Being denied a job because of your age
- Losing a job based on your age and being replaced by someone younger
- Being subject to harassment by your employer or coworkers
- Losing your benefits based on your age
We understand how you feel. We’ll look at all the aspects of your complaint to determine whether or not you have valid case of age discrimination.
An age discrimination lawyer in Houston who can help
For more than 28 years, Houston employment lawyer David C. Holmes has been providing his clients with a frank and honest opinion about their case. Mr. Holmes assists his clients by reviewing:
- Company policy. We review the policies and procedures of your place of employment to see if they’re legally required to follow ADEA statutes.
- At-will cases. At-will employees (those whose employment can be ended without liability on behalf of you or your employer) don’t have to be given a reason for their job loss. We do the necessary investigation into your case to see if your age was the reason you lost your job.
- Settlement options. Lawsuits can be long and expensive. We negotiate out-of-court settlement options for clients and companies who wish to avoid a drawn out trial.
Choose an age discrimination attorney in Houston who gives you options
If you think you’re a victim of age discrimination, it may be time to speak with a labor lawyer who can offer you an honest assessment of your case. To schedule a free initial consultation with an attorney at the Law Offices of David C. Holmes, contact us at 713.586.8862 or online.